“The clearest way to reconcile the two perspectives is to understand how Obama’s presidency, and all that it accomplished, could have led to the election of Trump. I think there are basically two tweet-length explanations:
1. America elected a black man president, and about half the country proceeded to lose its goddamn mind.
2. The white working class realized that the American dream is a sham. Then a con artist promised to restore it, and they bought the con.”
Hayes, Christopher. “The Institutionalist.” The Nation, 2/9 Jan. 2017, pp. 1–2.
- News Coverage of the 2016 General Election by the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy
- VIDEO: How False Equivalence Ruins Trump-Clinton News Coverage by MediaMatters.org
- Why Trump Won’t Serve His First Full Term from the Huffington Post
- Michael Moore Covers Trump on the Huffington Post
- Jimmy Fallon Does Trump (Tonight Show) Videos
- Saturday Night Live (SNL) Videos
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah